Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thanks!


Continuing on with the Giving Thanks theme I seem to be stuck on this month, I'd like to show you what I worked on yesterday evening and finally finished this morning. I can hardly wait for Thanksgiving now, with all my cute decorations!

For this project I used:
  • Simon Lower Chipboard
  • Fall Flowers Designer Paper
  • Always Artichoke Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Crop-A-Dile
I used Stampin' Up!'s Anywhere Glue Stick to adhere the paper on to the chip board, and cut away the excess with my craft knife. After sanding the edges I punched two holes at the top of each letter with my Crop-A-Dile and then thread the ribbon through.


In the past I've tried different glues and adhesives for attaching paper to chipboard and have found that I really like using Stampin' Up!'s Anywhere glue stick for these projects. Unlike other glues (like YES! Paste or decoupage medium) the Anywhere glue stick dries quickly. If you've not used it lately (or ever), I suggest you try it, it's inexpensive, holds well and these glue sticks last a long time!

Tomorrow I'll be working on stemware charms and maybe even some place cards or napkin rings for the table. I guess you'll just have to check back and see what I come up with, won't ya?

No comments: