Monday, October 1, 2007

You Call This Work?

Oh boy! I've been a busy little bee this weekend! It occurred to me on Friday that OMG! I only have THIS week to finish getting ready for the NCA Mega Crop! So I checked my to do list and added like twenty things and then turned on the TV - plenty of time - RIGHT?! Yeah.... SURE... Right...

So finally about six last night I get off my duff and get to work. I stamped my contact info on Inspiration Sheets and Mini Catalogs. I printed and folded Technique Pamphlets for my class. I removed all the retired cards from my display board. And then finally, once my husband and sweet boy were in bed I got down to work.

I made this Frap Bottle set and had a wonderful time making it! I was SO excited about how it turned out. The bottles are filled with hand made bath salts made by yours truly. I'll give the recipe below in case you'd like to make your own!

For this project I used River Rock, Blush Blossom, and Very Vanilla Card stock; Blush Blossom, River Rock and Pretty in Pink Classic Ink pads; Pink Organdy (I just LOVE this ribbon!), and Pink Grosgrain Ribbons; Polka Dots and Paisley Stamp Set; See You Around, and Petals Wheels, Large Oval, Scalloped, and 1-1/4" Circle Punches; and Signo White Gel Pen.

Milk Bath Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 2 C Dry Milk
  • 1 C Epsom Salt
  • 1/2 C Baking Soda
  • 1/2 C Dead Sea Salt
  • 1/4 C Citric Acid
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
  2. Cover tightly to retain integrity of ingredients!
Could that be simpler?! Oh, and to use this stuff is SO nice! If you're inclined you can add extra special ingredients like chammomile flowers or even some Essential Oils. If you're not used to using these though, I hope you'll find a reputable website to learn how to use them.
For Chocolate Milk Bath the directions and ingredients are the same as above, except you need to add 1/4 C Cocoa Powder. Couldn't be easier right?!
Yummy - but don't drink either of these please! It will give you the trots and really they wouldn't taste good at all!!

Alright now, time to get back to the craft room and get some more stamping done! I can't wait till Saturday! I hope to see you there! Remember to come by my booth to sign up for my door prizes - a free catalog PLUS a gift certificate!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

Ticia said...

What a great idea,nice work !