Friday, November 23, 2007

How Was Your Thanksgiving?

I hope your fall feasting was wonderful! I had a great time surrounded by family and friends and tons of tasty food! Thank you Jeff and Amy for supplying the broccoli bake, scalloped oysters and yummy pie! Thank you to my brother Erik and his lovely girlfriend Amy for supplying the fudge!

I started cooking on Wednesday morning and finally finished just as it was time to serve the food. I really really enjoy this holiday, though it has been a bitter sweet one for my family. I'm sure you'll remember my post earlier this year about my Dad being diagnosed with cancer. Happily he's doing well and recovering from treatment but is still unable to eat food so we could not have our regular Thanksgiving celebration with my entire family gathered at Mom and Dad's house. It just wouldn't have been fair to him! But, we were able to have some friends and family over our house this year, and as far as I can tell it was a lot of fun for everyone - despite the never ending Uno game!

I hope your holiday was a memorable one, filled with family and friends and lots and lots of love!

No comments: