Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! I know mine was wonderful, though completely different that the 25 past years! This year was the first time I didn't spend Thanksgiving in the midst of my family. I was blessed however to be invited to my good friend (and fellow scrapper) Gwen's home. It was a great day, as we were joined by the Missionaries (from the LDS Church) and it was great to have that type of beautiful spirit on such a special day!

My assignment this Thanksgiving (as it has been in years past within my own family traditions) was to make the place cards. I started with a piece of Stampin Up's Four Seasons Designer paper that was 3" x 3.5". Fold in half and ink all four edges on both sides with Bravo Burgundy stamp pad.

Cut a piece of Morning Marigold Card stock 1.75" x 2.75", ink all four edges with Morning Marigold stamp pad. Adhere to the center of the tent front.

Use the Designer Label Punch Stamp Set, Ink first in Morning Marigold, then using the Rock & Roll technique ink the edges of the stamp in Bravo Burgundy and stamp onto Very Vanilla card stock. Punch out using the Designer Label Punch.

Wrap a piece of wine ribbon around the front half of the card. Adhere punched image over ribbon and you're ready to go!

Easy peasy, right?! I think they turned out nice, and was amused that Elders Marvin and May placing talked about taking them home for their mothers to scrapbook for them! What well trained young men! Too cute! After dinner my own too cute boy slipped the place card into his pocket so the front flap hung outside. Now he was Elder Chenoweth! What a wonderful aspiration for Davy!

No comments: