Sunday, November 26, 2006

Christmas 10-10-10

Ahhhh.... It's finally over! Yesterday was a VERY LONG DAY! I went to bed the night before at like 3 am, and got up again the next morning at about 5:30. I'm the kinda girl who needs 8+ hours to feel human, and I wasn't getting it! Anyway, my first session started at 10, and was totally comprised of the girls that I usually scrap with. So I demo'ed the cards for them, then they went along their merry way doing what ever they wanted to. GRRRR... all that time for nothing. OK, what ever.

Then I went to my parent's house for Thanksgiving dinner. Because of some family situations we had to postpone it this year but they had to choose the only day that there was NO WAY I was going to be able to hang out and relax with them because I had a second session for my Christmas 10-10-10. Needless to say that I didn't get to eat at all because I had to leave mom's at 3 to make it home in time for the 4 o'clock session, which happened to be JUST when they were pulling the bird from the oven.

Over the next two hours of my second session I dreamed of the turkey, stuffing, gravy, three bean salad, hot rolls, candied yams, pumpkin bread, and PIE that my family was eating without me. *sigh* See what I give up for the love of stamping?

The second session went sooooo much smoother than the first. Partly because they managed to stop talking long enough to hear my instructions AND they went ahead and followed my instrctions! (Is this something that shouldn't be bothering me? Or do I have a right to be a teeny bit upset about this?)

Anyway I managed to survive my first stamp event (besides workshops that is). It was actually fun, and a little bit profitable for me. I got the word out there about upcoming events and so forth, so it was really a pretty productive day. Now I've got to go to Wal-Mart though and buy myself a turkey and stuffing stuff so I can have a Thanksgiving!!

No comments: