Sunday, November 19, 2006

It's a Christmas Kinda Day

.

Ever have one of those days where you're all dressed up with no where to go? Today (due to truck issues) we missed out on church; and I found myself at odd ends and no idea what to do with myself.

Eventually, after pogo and SCS loss their charm, I wandered back to my play room - I mean my CRAFT room. I actually got a lot done, or I guess I should say that I got a lot started! I began with the On-Board album and the Enchante designer paper (due out in the Winter Mini) and had a blast. It was inspired by a demo during St. Louis Regional, but I added more tricks and things to it. I'm no where near complete on it, but man am I having fun! I'll post it later once it is done
After I put that away, gave the kiddo a bath, and made dinner I once again wandered back to the craft room. This time though we worked on Christmas ornaments. (We being Davy and I, with Thomas along for the company.) Egg Nog and Bing Crosby's Christmas Tunes helped to set the mood.

Here's Davy with his creation - too cute!! He was so excited to be able to contribute to the tree this year, I don't know how I'm going to keep him out of my craft room now! (This time of year my craft room doubles as Santa's workshop!)

David's ornament is flat-ish on two sides. I got a couple boxes of these so after David goes to bed tonight I'll be able to go in and etch the glass. I hope to have blue insides, and snow etched on the outsides. I guess we'll see how it turns out!


I made two ornaments as well. I know you can't tell from the pictures, but the one on the right is the HUGE one and the one on the left is a normal sized bulb. I'm still working on my technique, but here's the instructions:

1. Carefully pull tab out of neck of ornament, set aside.
2. Pour watered down School Glue into the bulb and swirl around to coat entire inside. Pour out excess.
3. Scoop in Pearl Ex powders, glitters and faux snow. Shake around after each scoop.
4. Pour out excess.
5. Carefully re-attach tab to the top of the ornament.
6. Tie color coordinating bow to neck of bulb.

Now... about that mess...

No comments: