Saturday, December 2, 2006

Snow Day

Recently Missouri has received our first snow and it was a NICE one! The storm came first as rain that froze over night. All through the next day we got freezing rain and sleet! Poor David waited as patiently as possible for the snow to play in! Finally over night the snow fell so we woke up December first to SNOW! Yippee! Needless to say Davy was out in it as much as possible!

To commemorate this great first snow, I put together an accordion album. If it seems small that's because IT IS! This mini-accordion book I got at Dub and Sam and I LOVE it! It's small, but that's the point, right? Anyway, I actually bought quite a few of these babies and I'm looking forward to sending them out to the grandparents for small Christmas gifts!

Anyway... back on track...

I started by cutting Stampin' Up!'s Bashful Blue card stock into eight 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 rectangles. I went ahead and attached them before I decorated them, but next time I think I'll decorate first, and attach last!

Next, I stamped snowflakes all over the panels using white craft ink. I only embossed the panel for the front of the book since I have no patients! (On the cover I embossed with Iridescent Ice EP from Stampin' Up!) After the flurries were dried, I went back and sponged on some Bashful Blue ink around all four edges of the panels to give it that "frosted" look.

I used the snowmen from the Festive Favorites stamp set in Bashful Blue on white cardstock; and cut them out because the stamp was too wide for my little mini-book! I inked the edges of the image and embossed with more Iridescent Ice! I also used the little snowman tag from the Festive Favorites set - Bashful Blue on white again! I colored all the hats and scarves in on the snowmen with my (you guessed it!) Bashful Blue marker. On the little tag I used Bashful Blue (who'd a thunk?!) pastels around the snowman to make him seem more white.

I printed all my pictures out on the computer to about 2"x3"; and matted them on Ballet Blue cardstock which I inked around the edges with white craft ink. After they dried I adhered them in the book along with the little poem. I got the poem at my FAVORITE poem and quote site Denny's Poems and Quotes! There are literally MILLIONS of ideas on this site, and well worth a visit!

Anyway, because I'm sure you can't read the poem it says: "Little Nose/ Where did you get that little red nose?/Jack Frost kissed it I suppose./He kissed it once, he kissed it twice/Poor little nose, it’s as cold as ice!" Isn't that cute?! And so fittings since all the pictures in the book were taken of Davy with a pretty red nose and cheeks!

The last thing I did was finish the cover. I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to place my letters just right. (I used Ballet Blue for the ink.) The last thing I did was stamp a flurry on the ballet blue with the white ink and the punched it out using the 3/4" punch. I punched a hole in the center, attached my eyelet and threaded my elastic band through the hole.

Guess what, that's it!! Not too bad!

Anyway, I hope you like the book, and check back soon to see what I've been up to!

-Merr

No comments: