Thursday, November 30, 2006

Stampin' in a Winter Wonderland


We woke up this morning to RAIN! Great big globs of yucky rain. By mid-morning our "Lake Chenoweth" (the lake-sized puddle in the front yard) had frozen over and was starting to accumulate some white stuff... WHITE STUFF??!! SNOW??!! Nope. Frozen rain. Right now we've got enough of a dusting we can't see the grass under the white stuff; David insists that its snow.

Needless to say we're staying home today, as I hope my friends and family are as well. This afternoon (after nap time) Davy went out to play in the white stuff. I got a couple shots of him before Thomas pulled him to the ground to wrestle with! My poor frozen baby! After he played a big longer - in the front yard without Thomas - he came in for some hot cocoa. I love this picture of him enjoying his cocoa, with his goofy grin and cold red cheeks!

Anyway, while David was napping and playing outside today Mommy got some cards made- FINALLY! I have been contemplating the Card Sketch Challenges on SCS, and finally caved to participate. My first card was "OK" though by far not my favorite! (That would be the bonjour card!) So I redid the card using the same layout, but with different stamps colors and embellishments. I definitely like the second one (the cocoa card) MUCH better. What do you think?


Anyway, If you'd like to see the original sketch that I was working from click here to go to the Splitcoast Stapmer's Card Challenge thread. Go about half way through the first post in the thread and click on the little thumbnail pic. It will bring the sketch up in a new window. Have fun, and if you do this challenge then let me know so I can see it too!!

-Merr

No comments: