Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Busy Busy Busy

I've not forgotten you! I have been dieing to get on line again the past couple of days and all for nothing! The power went out shortly after my last post. It was only out for about 10 hours - which is good considering some people in Springfield and other local towns are still without power! Then, nearly as soon as we got power on again we lost cable - which is how we have our internet. So I've been fretting and fuming trying to get myself on line again. 90% of my business is conducted on line, and when that's not available things get a little difficult!

Anyway, now that I'm done complaining, how about I share a layout with you? This one, titled "Cold Play," was taken of David while we were visiting family in Ohio during Christmas. It was FREEZING out, but my uncle cousin and I took David down to the little park by my uncle's house. David had the time of his life, of course, and the weather didn't bother him a bit! Later that same day we left Columbus to fly home! It was great that he got to get some of his energy out before spending hours and hours on plains and in airports!

I used Bazzil cardstock, along with some papers from Basic Grey's Prancer papers. I love Basic Grey patterned paper and absolutely adored that one of the papers had little snow flakes on it! I also used "Snow Spot" from Stampin' Up! along with Stampin' Up!'s silver detail embossing powder to make all the snow flakes!

The small tag is done using Stampin' Up!'s tag punches and the "Faux Metal" technique. I used four coats of the silver detail embossing powder and one layer of the holigram hightlight embossing powder for a holigraphic effect! I then sponged some white stayzon ink lightly around the little snow flake to make it pop. I punched a hole at the top and threaded some silver cord through it. Yay!

I cut the title from the same Basic Grey paper used on the page and also Night of Navy cardstock from Stampin' Up! I used a sponge dauber to place VersaMark ink where I wanted it on the letters, sprinkled it with the same silver detail embossing powder and heat it. I tried to get the powder in the areas of the letter where snow would fall. Turned out pretty in real life, though it's hard to see in the picture.

I got this wonderful sketch from Treasured Scrapbooking. I really like the sketch, and I plan on fipping it to make a left hand page for this layout. I've just not gotten to it yet! lol!

No comments: