Friday, July 20, 2007

Preparations Have Begun

Wow, we're having one of those weeks! It seems like all of a sudden we've got twenty irons in the fire and ten more waiting to go in!

Last night we went to WalMart and bought school supplies for two boys. Yes, this year my little guy Davy will finally be starting school! He is SO excited to go, and I'm SO excited for him to be going! We had bought his Superman backpack on ebay over the summer, along with the Superman lunchbox. So this morning we filled up his little pencil box, and piled it all into his backpack, and he wore his backpack around the house all morning. Too stinkin' cute!

In addition to school prep we're also gearing up for Tyler's 10th UnBirthday!! Yay! Ty's birthday is actually in April, but since we only have him in the summers and every other Christmas we like to celebrate his birthday when he comes home! Oh, and what a birthday it's going to be! He's chosen Transformers for the theme, and has invited all his friends from the neighborhood. The really exciting part (for him, I'm not looking forward to it!) is that the boys are invited to stay over for a back yard camp out! YIKES!! I will be over run with 10 year olds in PJ's with S'Mores all over their faces!! See what we put ourselves through for our children?!?!

So somewhere in this madness I've had the opportunity to run over to Gwen's house and play!! Yay!! I made one card and assisted in the building of another.

The card she was attempting was supposed to be for a swap but eventually became complicated enough that she had to move on to something else. But that's OK! It's a cute card, with a circle peek a boo. In other words, you see the vampire image through a hole in the front of the card. Too cute.

We used: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Only Orange and More Mustard card stock; Basic Black and Going Grey ink; Creepy Crawly paper; Linen background, Weathered background, Booglie Eyes, and the Batty Jumbo Wheel; lastly, we used the following accessories: 1-3/8" and 1-1/4" circle punches, and the paper crimper. It turned out really well. I contributed the part of making it a peek-a-boo card and using the linen background on our Vamp friend because Gwen dislikes having to color things in. I think the linen gives him a comic book look!

The other card I made was using the Baroque Motifs new out in the catalog this year! It's a great set, and so much fun to work with - but then I say that about all my stamp sets!! LOL. I used Purely Pomegranate Cardstock; Blue Bayou double sided designer paper; Soft Sky, Purely Pomegranate and Blue Bayou ink; white taffeta ribbon; and a rhinestone brad for the center of the medallion. Easy peasy, too cute, and ready to go.

Alright, friends, so it's time for me to get back to cleaning house. I've got a garage sale going on this weekend and I don't have ANYTHING priced. But, as my best friend Cheryl would tell you, I'm the queen of procrastination!! I do my best work under pressure!! Off I go! Have a great weekend!!

No comments: