Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tumbled Marble Trivets

Ahhh... My husband is off to work, Davy is off to school, and I'm toasty warm in my bathrobe and socks. Even the dogs are cooperating by taking a peaceful snooze behind me. The only thing this morning needs now is a new post on my blog followed by some stamping time in my craft room!
As promised, here are some of the trivets I made yesterday. It is so super simple I thought I'd go ahead and walk you through it one time just for the fun of it.
Supplies:
  • Tumbled marble tiles - available at your local home improvement store
  • Craft ink pads - various colors
  • Stamp set of choice - I used Bud Basics
  • Oven - preheat to 250 degrees
  • Small felt pads - also available at your local home improvement store
Instructions:
  1. WASH your tiles and allow to dry completely. I did this the night before so I would be SURE they were dry and ready to go.
  2. Stamp your images using Stampin' Up!'s craft ink pads.
  3. Pop in the oven for about half an hour or until it looks like the ink is completely dry. This will heat set the ink so it should not fade or run.

See? How easy is that? These two trivets will grace my Thanksgiving and Christmas table, but I'm thinking about making another set for my mother and sister.

Same supplies and instructions apply if you are making coasters from the smaller tiles. I'd love to see what you make. Email them to me and I will post them here for everyone to see and enjoy!

No comments: