Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I've been working very hard on a special project this last month, and I'm quickly running out of time! Stampin' Up! is offering an Artisan Award. It's open to current demos in US and Canada. Ten people will be chosen based on their entries of the following:

5 Cards
3 Scrapbook (single-paged) layouts of either 8 1/2 x 11 or 12 x 12
2 Three-dimensional projects.

The entries will be judged on creativity, style, craftsmanship, composition, color oand consistency. Now I have no idea what all that means, other than I'd better be careful with strait lines and glue adhesion and such! (I hear tell they'll even be paying attention to the way bow are tied! YIKES!)

That's scary enough, but you won't believe the prizes! From the Stampin' Up! website: "Winners will receive an Artisan Award pin, $500 cash, and a $500 Stampin' Up! shopping spree. Winners will be invited to attend an evening social hosted by Shelli and Brent Steele to meet members of the creative team on the evening of check-in day during Convention 2007, in Denver, Colorado."

Man oh man! I am working my butt off! That award money is more than my monthly mortgate and I wouldn't mind having a 12x12 printer! (Epson currently has one for near $500 - how perfect is that?!)

Now I'm not saying that I'm going to win, but darn it, I'm going to give it my best try! So far I've nearly completed one of my 3-D projects - and man is it a doozie! I have been working on it steadily (except last night I took a break from it) for a week now. It's really nice so far. I'll post pics when it's completed!

Other than this one project I have no idea what else I am going to do! Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Keep checking back, I'll be posting more about it in the near future!

No comments: