Monday, January 8, 2007

Scrapbooking

Yesterday we celebrated David's 5th birthday with a ton of kid, cake and more presents than he needed! It was a great time, but left me exhausted!!

Today we hung around the house and I scrapbooked. Fun, fun, fun! Here are the two layouts I came up with.

This first one is of our outting to Linden Creek in our little town! It's the most beautiful spot, and we really enjoyed our time there. It took some time but eventually David ventured into the water. Mostly though he splashed around in the creek above the waterfall. (Below the waterfall its about 4 feet deep.)

I used "Lime Swirl" paper by Karen Foster, and blue Bazzil cardstock. The book plate is from Basic Grey, and the grosgrain ribbon is Stampin' Up! I really like how this layout went together. It's the first time I've used a photo THAT large! (It measures 12"x8") So something outside of my "normal", which is good!

The second layout is done with the same Lime Swirl paper, but with a twist. I sat down with my craft knife and cut out the swirls. I think it make a good accent, though it took forever to cut it all out without tearing the paper! I need to remember next time that I don't have to press so hard! Live and learn... Live and learn.

In addition to the lime swirl I use Bazzil cardstock (again), Prima flowers, stickles, and lace from the bargan bin at Hobby Lobby. It's hard to see in the photograph but before I did anything else to the background cardstock I sprayed whitewash spray paint on. I did it really thick so that the paint was pooled on the cardstock, then went in with crumbled tissue paper and removed the excess. It left a nice subtle texture around the edges.

This picture was taken for David's first birthday. I can't help but look at the pictures we had done that day and think of what a BEAUTIFUL baby he was! I miss the baby that he was, but am so much more in love with the boy he has become. What a wonderful child, and truely the love of my life. (But don't tell my husband I said that! LOL!!)

No comments: