Friday, January 5, 2007

XOXOXOXOXOXO

The Chenoweth household has been gearing up for Valentine's Day in a BIG WAY! Yeah, I know we've got over a month until Love Day hits us, but really, is there ever enough time to make all the things you want to for a holiday? (Plus a good number of our craft items are being sent overseas to a certain someone whom we LOVE above anyone else!)

I started off making the Love Book. It's small, mostly because it needs to be able to fit in a cargo pocket. I used two chipboard hearts picked up at the local scrapbook store and covered them with Bazzil card stock. On a third, smaller heart, I modpodged the pretty patterned paper (Called Devotion from Basic Grey's Blush line) and sanded the edges on all three hearts. This same paper is on the front inside cover of the book.

I made an accordion binding for this book. Remember making fans in primary school? Same theory, cut it to fit the angles of the heart and you're set to go. Attach the binding with sticky tape and then attach the heart pages - trace and cut the large hearts for pages of more Bazzil card stock.

For the closure I attached a strip of taupe Bazzil cardstock to the underside of the small heart and the other end to the inside of the back chipboard heart. I used tiny self adhesive magnets to keep the book closed. They're from Basic Grey as well; I found them at Hobby Lobby for $6. Good buy!

I used Primas and gems, ribbons and glitter (though it doesn't show up in the pics) to decorate the book. I plan on adding in some more self portraits of myself - all in black and white for more drama. That should please the man who's forever begging for recent pictures of me! lol.

I did the card this morning using stamps from Magenta. I absolutely love these stamps, and have quite a few from this company. They're unmounted and stored in CD cases so thankfully don't take up much room! I colored the images in with Prisma colors and attached it to some Stampin' Up! card stock (Regal Rose and Bravo Burgundy.) The small square in the upper left hand corner is popped up with a pop dot. The sentiment was cut using my Cricut with more Bravo Burgundy card stock.

2 comments:

Craft Accident said...

I just love the Accordion album! Really cool!

Dale Anne Potter said...

WOW!!!
I just LOVE your accordian HEART album....
GREAT JOB - I'm sure it will be LOVED very much!