Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Back on Line!

Grrr... Every time we get a decent size rain my Internet goes out. Luckily though, this time my wonderful hubby (who is probably really tired of hearing me whine about the Internet being out!) came to the rescue and fixed the problem!! Yay Tim!! Not to worry though I do have a few cards I've been working on.

I realize the two Snowflake Spot cards look very similar. There is a reason! I was preparing for a workshop and fell in love with the Snowflake Spot card (at right) using the while Stazon ink on one side of the velum and colored pencils on the back. It gives it a frosty look I think. Unfortunately though the card was way too in depth for a workshop. So the second card is my simplified redo. I still did the frosted velum but on the tag this time rather than the entire card front.

In addition to these two cards I made a couple more using Festive Favorites. I'll go ahead and show you the one we made at our workshop. I used Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy and Brushed Gold card stock; Chocolate Chip ink, Watercolor pencils, blender pen, Hemp Twine, both tag punches and a couple pieces of Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware.

After the workshop my friend Amy came over and I played around with the Thoroughly Thankful stamp set while she tried to convince me that the Wild Wasabi color "isn't that bad." LOL. I'm sorry to those who love it - I still don't like it! I did use it on my card however to prove to Amy that I can use supplies (or colors) that I don't like!

For this card I used Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Naturals Ivory and Pumpkin Pie card stock, Chocolate Chip ink, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, Hemp Twine, and pewter Hodgepodge hardware.

Don't you just ADORE fall?! I am so excited that it's that time of year! School is in session, the nights are getting cooler and the leaves will be turning soon! Keep an eye here on the blog for information about my upcoming fall events!!

No comments: